The 12 member delegation headed by Thura Shwe Mann, Lower House Speaker, who shall be leaving for Europe on Sunday, 6 May, to study legislative systems in 5 countries include 1 Shan and 1 Kachin Women MPs, according to the Shan MP.
“There’ll be myself and Daw Bwe Du from Kachin State,” said Nang Wa Nu, People’s Assembly representative from Kunhing, Shan State South. “Apart from us, the delegation will have MPs from the National Assembly (Upper House).”
The delegation is scheduled to visit Germany, Belgium, Norway, France and Switzerland. It will be back in Burma on 18 May.
Another 9 member delegation is also leaving for Germany tomorrow at the invitation of the Liberal Party, according to Shan Nationalities Democratic Party (SNDP) sources. It will include, among others:
- Sai Ai Pao, Chairman, SNDP
- Dr Aye Maung, Rakhine Nationalities Development Party (RNDP)
- U Min Oo, National League for Democracy (NLD)
- Dr Hla Myat Thwe, National League for Democracy (NLD)
- U Win Oo, Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP)
- U Win Than, Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP)
The trip will last until 13 May.